Rose and Arrow - Worden Hill: Black Walnut 2017
|Availability:||In stock (48)|
Worden Hill: Black Walnut 2017
Sitting at 860 feet in elevation, Black Walnut slopes south and is a well-structured soil of loamy weathered basalt, pebbles and sand. Highly oxidized the soil is a rich iron red color without as many pebbles as the “Red Dust” but is all eroded parent rock material with some sparkling crystals fragments dancing in the eroded rock. The embrace of this wine is soft and inviting and with a respectful pause before it reveals its details and complexity.
205 cases produced.
- Dedicated vineyard team
- Organic with biodynamic components
- Cover crops used for both competitive and soil regeneration
- Double and single guyot with 6ft x 3-4ft spacing
- Hand harvest
- Hand sorting
- Wild yeast fermentation
- 5-6 days cold soak (54°F)
- Fermentation over 15-20 days
- 1st week 1-2 gentle pump-overs
- Vertical press up to 1 bar pressure
- 2 weeks of settling before barrel aging
- Normally therefore no racking-off
- Special selection of Seguin Moreau with Med no - head toast
- Aging regime: Approximately 20-35% New Oak, 15-25% 1 year old, 15-25% 2 year old, and 12-20% neutral
We expect to receive our allocation of these highly allocated wines in September, after which we will dispatch the wines to you.