Rose and Arrow - Hopewell Hills: Gathered Stones 2017
|Availability:||In stock (48)|
Hopewell Hills: Gathered Stones 2017
A very soft slope facing southeast 300 feet off the Valley floor. There is almost no topsoil with a deep “stream” of well fractured stones flowing diagonally across the slope. “Bubbles in the rock with abundant large crystal structures spur the vines to produce a structurally precise wine quilted with alternating red and blue fruit flavors.
244 cases produced.
- Dedicated vineyard team
- Organic with biodynamic components
- Cover crops used for both competitive and soil regeneration
- Double and single guyot with 6ft x 3-4ft spacing
- Hand harvest
- Hand sorting
- Wild yeast fermentation
- 5-6 days cold soak (54°F)
- Fermentation over 15-20 days
- 1st week 1-2 gentle pump-overs
- Vertical press up to 1 bar pressure
- 2 weeks of settling before barrel aging
- Normally therefore no racking-off
- Special selection of Seguin Moreau with Med no - head toast
- Aging regime: Approximately 20-35% New Oak, 15-25% 1 year old, 15-25% 2 year old, and 12-20% neutral
We expect to receive our allocation of these highly allocated wines in December, after which we will dispatch the wines to you.